Are you having issues getting legally insured in Maryland so you can drive? Did you know that My MD Auto, or Maryland Auto Insurance Provider, can provide you with auto insurance despite your driving history? We are a MAIF Auto Insurance Provider in Easton MD. You can rely on Maryland Auto Insurance Fund (MAIF) to get you back on the road if you cannot get car insurance from an insurance company due accidents, tickets, or a lack of driving experience.
Maryland State Auto Insurance Requirements
In Maryland, every driver must have minimum auto coverage. These are requirements set by the state. Many drivers have add-ons or additional types of coverage for added protection. If you lease or finance a vehicle, the lender may require you to carry collision and comprehensive coverage. The state-imposed auto insurance requirements include:
Drivers must carry liability insurance to cover any damages or injuries they may cause in an accident. The minimum liability insurance requirements in Maryland are:
- $30,000 for bodily injury per person
- $60,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $15,000 for property damage per accident
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Maryland also requires drivers to have uninsured motorist coverage to protect themselves in case they are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. The minimum uninsured motorist coverage requirements are the same as the liability insurance limits mentioned above.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Maryland is a no-fault insurance state, so drivers must have Personal Injury Protection coverage to protect themselves and their passengers against medical expenses, lost wages, and other related costs regardless of who is at fault in an accident. The minimum PIP coverage required in Maryland is:
- $2,500 per person for medical expenses
- $2,500 per person for death benefits
- 85% of lost wages, with a maximum of $900 per week
What Should I do If I am Uninsured and Uninsurable?
Many drivers in Easton, Maryland are uninsured and uninsurable for various reasons. If this is you, it is vital to take the following steps so you can drive a car again:
- Explore Maryland’s Automobile Insurance Fund (MAIF): The Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund is a state program that provides auto insurance to drivers who can’t obtain coverage from a regular auto insurance company.
- Seek assistance from insurance agents/brokers: Contact Maryland Auto Insurance Provider. We are a MAIF Auto Insurance Provider in Easton MD that specializes in helping high-risk drivers find coverage. We can find the coverage you need, even if you have a difficult driving history.
- Follow the law: You must always abide by Maryland’s auto insurance requirements. Driving without car insurance is illegal and can result in hefty fines, suspension of your driver’s license, and other legal consequences. If you cause an accident, you are financially responsible for any damages or injuries you may cause in an accident.
My MD AUTO Can Help You Get Back on the Road
You must explore all available options to obtain the required insurance coverage to protect yourself and others on the road. Never drive without insurance as this can lead to further issues and fines. As a MAIF Auto Insurance Provider in Easton MD, we can provide you with the minimum auto insurance requirements to get you driving again.
Our expert agents are here to help you find affordable payment plans to fit within your monthly budget. If you need help finding cheap auto insurance, Maryland Auto Insurance Provider will find the lowest rates available to you no matter what your driving record is. To receive a free MAIF auto insurance quote, see Get A Free Quote.