In the event of an auto accident, we may ask you to bring your damaged vehicle to one of our Maryland Auto Insurance Collision Damage Assessment Centers. We are an authorized MAIF auto insurance provider in Maryland. When you call to report your claim, one of our friendly and knowledgeable claim adjusters will help prepare you for your repair quote assessment.
We will prepare all the My MD Auto forms and help you deal with other insurance carriers when necessary. Our adjusters will work hard to get you back on the road.
How To File A My MD Auto Insurance Claim
It is important to note that each state has different guidelines for filing an auto insurance claim. Contact one of our experienced claim adjusters at My MD Auto to receive the information you need. In most cases, following these key steps can help make your claim filing process as simple as possible:
- File an accident report.
- If necessary, you may need to file a police report.
- Collect information about your car accident
- Contact your MAIF claim adjuster.
- Speak with your claim adjuster about all pertinent information regarding your claim.
- Be sure to give your adjuster all documentation regarding your specific claim.
- Find an auto body shop that offers guarantees and appropriate timelines for repairs.
- Certain insurance policies have certain limitations and deductibles, so be sure to find out the appropriate information before committing to repair costs.
- Organize and copy all relevant documentation from your claim, including bills, reports, and conversation notes.
What Questions Should I Ask My Claim Representative?
We understand that accident reporting and filing a claim can be a confusing process for most drivers. It is our job to meet all your needs. To do so, ask your representative these key questions:
- How much is my deductible?
- How much will you cover me for?
- Do I have a time limit when filing a claim?
- How long will it take to process my claim?
- What do I do if my car is totaled?
- What do you cover under my policy?
- How much is the minimum coverage?
- Do I have to pay for the repairs after an auto insurance claim?
- What do I do if I have multiple insurance claims?
- Can I get a free insurance quote?
Collision Damage Assessment Centers for MAIF Customers
We have a range of collision damage assessment centers for Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund (MAIF) customers all over the state of Maryland and DC. Please contact one of our conveniently located assessment centers for the help you need.
Beltsville – Darcars Chrysler Plymouth
8100 Annapolis Road New Carrollton, MD 20784
Carney – Donahoo Collision Center
5665 Belair Road Baltimore, MD 21206
Eastern Shore – S & W Auto Body
416 Martin Street Salisbury, MD 21804
443-223-1510 (Tim Snider)
Hampton Park – Darcars Chrysler Jeep Dodge
5060 Auth Way Marlow Heights, MD 20746
Rockville – Herson’s Honda Collision Center
15557 Frederick Rd #B Rockville, MD 20855
Security – O’Donnell Collision Repairs
5530 Baltimore National Pike Baltimore, MD 21228
We do not require that My MD Auto Insurance customers have any repair work done at a Maryland Auto Insurance Collision Damage Assessment Center. Although, we may require that one assesses your car. Don’t delay getting your car assessment after a collision. The sooner you get your car assessed, the quicker you can get back on the road. Thank you for choosing affordable Maryland auto insurance from the Maryland Auto Insurance Fund.
Am I covered if someone with MAIF hits me?
Yes! The whole purpose of offering this type of insurance to Maryland drivers is to ensure that everyone who is operating a vehicle has at least liability insurance. This means you are fully covered if someone with Maryland Auto Insurance causes an accident that results in you sustaining damages.
Where do I take my car to be repaired?
Listed above are collision centers that MAIF customers can use to have their vehicles repaired. However, you are under to obligation to use them. You have the right to choose anyone you like to repair the damage to your vehicle. However, you may be obligated to at least have an estimate completed on your vehicle by one of the above collision repair centers.
Does MAIF cover bodily harm?
Yes, this type of insurance covers basic liability insurance which cover bodily harm. When someone with MAIF causes physical harm to you, you will have coverage up to $30,000.