In the event of an auto accident, you may be required to bring your damaged vehicle to one of our conveniently located Maryland Auto Insurance Collision Damage Assessment Centers. When you call to report your claim, one of our friendly and knowledgeable claim adjusters will help prepare you for your repair quote assessment. We will prepare all the required forms and help you deal with other insurance carriers if they are involved. Our adjusters will work diligently to get you back on the road.
How To File An Auto Insurance Claim
It is important to note that each state has different guidelines for filing an auto insurance claim. Contact one of our experienced claim adjusters at MAIF to receive the information you need. In most cases, following these key steps can help make your claim filing process as simple as possible:
- File an accident report.
- If necessary, you may need to file a police report.
- Collect information about your car accident
- Contact your MAIF claim adjuster.
- Speak with your claim adjuster about all pertinent information regarding your claim.
- Be sure to give your adjuster all documentation regarding your specific claim.
- Find an auto body shop that offers guarantees and appropriate timelines for repairs.
- Certain insurance policies have certain limitations and deductibles, so be sure to find out the appropriate information before committing to repair costs.
- Organize and copy all relevant documentation from your claim, including bills, reports, and conversation notes.
What Questions Should I Ask My Claim Representative?
We understand that filing a claim can be a confusing process for most drivers. To ensure all your needs are met, be sure to ask your representative these key questions:
- How much is my deductible?
- How much will I be covered for?
- How long will it take to process my claim?
- Do I have a time limit when filing a claim?
- What do I do if my car is totaled?
- What is covered after under my policy?
- What do I do if I have multiple insurance claims?
- Do I have to pay for the repairs after an auto insurance claim?
Collision Damage Assessment Centers for MAIF Customers
We have a range of collision damage assessment centers for MAIF customers all over Maryland and DC. Please contact one of our conveniently located assessment centers for the help you need.
- Beltsville – Darcars Chrysler Plymouth
8100 Annapolis Road New Carrollton, MD 20784
- Carney – Donahoo Collision Center
5665 Belair Road Baltimore, MD 21206
- Eastern Shore – S & W Auto Body
416 Martin Street Salisbury, MD 21804
443-223-1510 (Tim Snider)
- Hampton Park – Darcars Chrysler Jeep Dodge
5060 Auth Way Marlow Heights, MD 20746
- Rockville – Hersons Honda Collision Center
15557 Frederick Rd #B Rockville, MD 20855
- Security – O’Donnell Collision Repairs
5530 Baltimore National Pike Baltimore, MD 21228
Maryland Auto Insurance customers are not required to have any repair work done at a Maryland Auto Insurance Collision Damage Assessment Center. Although, they may be required to have their car assessed by one. Don’t delay getting your car assessment after a collision. The sooner you get your car assessed, the quicker you can get back on the road. Thank you for choosing affordable Maryland auto insurance from the Maryland Auto Insurance Fund.